Sunday, July 3, 2022

Stash Report Week #26 and 15 Minutes

  I do have a flimsy ready to quilt and I finished the forgotten placemat for my newest nephew.  I basted it, forgot about it, quilted it, and forgot it again.  Now I bound it in the span of a brief hour; how silly to delay it!

IN this week: 0 yards
OUT this week: 1/2 yard

IN YTD: 71 yards
OUT YTD: 116 1/2yards
YTD Total: 45 1/4 yards OUT

21 spools of threads used
0 masks sewn this year

While I wish I had maintained the goal of using twice what I purchase, there’s still half the year for sewing and preferably a bit less shopping.  Fortunately, I am enjoying all my projects!  I’ve exhausted my supply of 60” wide fabric for backings, so maybe piecing more backings from stash will help me.  Larger lengths of fabric are hard to come by anymore in my stash, but a challenge is always good, right?

Fortunately, I remembered to work on my hexagons every day this week, so I’ve stitched 179 of 183 days for 2022.  I finished the last purple hexagon, leaving me with brown rounds on roughly half of them as well as 11 more large stars.  The end finally feels closer than the beginning of this long project!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...