Friday, July 1, 2022

Mid Year Analysis

I thought I’d take the opportunity of the half-year mark to review how I’m doing with my goals for 2022.

 For the stash…
1.  Use more than 100 goals.  Already done.  I’m not sure I’m deliberately heading for 200 yards used, but I could use some emptied spots.  My purple, red, and pink solids have outgrown their storage spot, so I’m considering a quilt with red as the background.
2.  Use twice what I buy/receive.  I know this is a goal I will revisit all year long.  I am keeping projects moving, so I think it’s fair to say I’m using plenty and not just buying, but I am a sucker for scrap bags and large pieces of yardage for backings.  At the current point in my life, I don’t terribly enjoy piecing backings.

For the Rainbow Scrap Challenge…
1. Continue hand pieced hexagons.  Ah, the progress.  Half of the flowers have their brown rounds added, one last flower is in the process of being assembled, and I have 15 of the 22 needed stars.  Once I have all the major pieces done (next year?) I’ll figure out what top, bottom, and side pieces are needed.  It will be exciting to dig into the smaller scraps for the little pieces.  I love how it’s looking.



2. Make a quilt out of the scrappy 1.5” triangles.  Done, and linked below.
3. For pink, red, and purple, make a Valentine’s quilt.  I am enjoying this quilt as much as I hoped.  When purple rolls around, this will be an delightful finish.
4. For blue and gray, make the split star quilt.
5. For yellow, gray, and black, make a quilt from scraps of bee fabrics. Much more quickly done than I expected.
6. For blue, teal, and green, make a quilt from the 2.5” scraps (bricks, squares, triangles).  Done.

People who need quilts….
1.  My sister, in the form of the Rhododendron Mystery. Done.  With much relief!
2.  Our lovely mail lady is the intended recipient of the triangle quilt.
3. A gentleman from church has been in treatment for throat cancer. I’m still working on this one.  At least I’m finally making progress.
4.  We met a lovely and lonely neighbor.  I think she needs a quilt.  Done.  Splendidly.
5.  My sister has asked for a tree skirt.  I’m going to use blue, silver, and white.

I’ve started and finished several other quilts already…
1. three tshirt quilts
2. a quick quilt from fat quarters
3. Oddments and Friends for friends of my daughters
5. somehow I didn’t have my Farm Quilt on the list, but it was certainly on my mind!
6. Early in the year, I finished the Macaron Mystery.  Her latest mystery begins soon.  Will I start it?!

No comments:

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...