Friday, March 25, 2022

Finished Quilt: Nameless

 A few fun fat quarters and some coordinating solids later, this quilt is done, washed, and splendidly wrinkly.

Roughly 52” x 56” (it would be 56” square if I had not made a cutting mistake!), it will be a very nice lap quilt.  I dyed the backing over the summer.  It should have soaked longer, as I had a tiny bit of bleeding of the pink onto the solid yellow on the front, but I’m happy with the results.  I’ve learned plenty for the next round of backings I dye.

I’m enjoying straight line quilting very much lately, so stitching on either side of the seams and diagonally across each block finished the quilting without too much thinking or marking for me.  I know people use washable markers to mark patterns, but my experience the last two times I used washable markers was that the marker did not fully wash out,

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

That backing is beautiful! You might get that little bit of bleeding out by soaking the quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fun lap quilt with the mix of prints with the solids, but that backing is awesome! Sorry to hear that you had some dye bleed to the front of the quilt. :o((

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...