Saturday, March 26, 2022

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Progress

I finished my large gold star this week!  The outer fabric has dashes of green in it, which I like.
I finished the final two farm blocks.  All the 6” blocks are in 4 patches and sashing is sewn on one side, so this next week will be a good time to work on the layout.  I certainly have some size issues, so it’s time to figure out how to fix this.  My supposedly 1/4” foot is definitely not 1/4”, but I don’t want to glue/stick anything on the bed of my machine.  Work to be done…



 Pink for April sounds great.  I’ll return to my heart blocks and won’t start anything new for my scraps.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm looking forward to seeing how your farm blocks come together, Katie! I have that inconsistent 1/4 inch seam issue,too. This week I found a cool gadget on Amazon that I think might help. It's magnetic, so stays put without glue or tape. It's from Madam Sew - a seam guide ruler and magnetic seam guide.

scraphappy said...

Good luck with the quarter in seam issue. It doesn't become an issue until you need to join subunits together with different numbers of seams. Hopefully you will find something to do the trick.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congratulations on completing the final blocks of your Farm Quilt and your GOLD Star block, too, Katie!! Returning to your Heart quilt for PINK month sounds like a good plan.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Great "hexie" star.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...