Saturday, March 19, 2022

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Penultimate Blocks

Woohoo!  Two more blocks finished this week means only two more blocks to finish.  I’ve picked out the final blocks, and then I’ll dive into joining blocks into four patches and adding sashing.  I’m glad I already have backing and batting, as a large part of me is ready to see this quilt finished.  (Don’t remind to me about quilting.  I’m well aware the bulk of some of these blocks is going to be challenging.)

Since I’m managing from the ends of the cork scraps now, I don’t have as many choices on fabrics.  Some are down to small scraps, so I make it work as I can. 

I did finish my bee quilt this week.  I’m definitely in the mood for mindless sewing.  The backing is something I dyed with mediocre success over the summer.  My intention was for it to look bee stripe-esque.  Just this week I redyed it to add the orange.  The original yellow was a little too neon, and of course I turned it a little too orange.  It works.  I’m learning.  The quilting is an all-over loop and meander with the occasional bee thrown in.  The Assistant helped with all of it, and she’s be happy to add this to her collection.  I’m happy to have a bin of scraps emptied usefully.



from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your bee quilt is so pretty, Katie! I love those prints, and the backing is just great!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Love your bee quilt! Dyeing fabric can be tricky but I think the back looks fabulous!

scraphappy said...

What fun colors. Glad you are having fun with they dyeing, even if it didn't come out as planned, it is still pretty.

Kate said...

Very bright and fun! The Assistant sounds like the SIT, happy to high jack Mom's quilts for her own space. But we can't keep them all.

Vicki W said...

The bee quilt is so cute but the backing is awesome!

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...