Saturday, September 2, 2023

A Bit of a Whinge

 I’m enjoying work this year, but the rest of school can go fly a kite!  We’ve had sickness early and often this year (with six kids in school, I realize it’s inevitable, but we’ve already had three kids home sick and one twice!). I’ve mentioned before I need a good routine, and this year is not one for routines, apparently.

Enough of that.  I am trying to get my sewing moments in, and I know by the checkmarks I make on my list each day that progress is happening.  It’s just slow.

I made a few more yellow box blocks, but I’ll continue them into next month, along with all the turquoise blocks I haven’t made yet.  Then I think it’s time to decide what I’m making with these blocks.

I spent last Saturday cutting out all 90 twinkle star blocks for a wedding gift.  I had big dreams of getting a good start on the blocks this week, but my quilting of the 16 patch quilt interrupted these plans.
Finishing the quilting will be my big goal for next week.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

Deb A said...

So sorry to hear the start of school brought the sickness this year. It is tough to get into a routine when that happens. You are making progress in the sewing area - that is always a good thing. I hope this week is a healthier one for everyone in the family.

Helenchaffin said...

I am luving the 16 patch quilt! do you use 2& 1/2" squares? sorry the first of the school year started off rough,my neice is the school nurse & has twin girls ,they all 3 came home sick just after the first few days

Kate said...

All those kiddos coming together after a summer apart is just a breeding ground for everything and anything. Hopefully, that will all line out till Thanksgiving, when you'll have it again after all the family time during that holiday. At least that was the way it worked when ours was in elementary school. Hope you get some good stitching time in over the holiday weekend.

Sara said...

Hope the rest of the school year gets better and healthier.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sorry to hear that illness has plagued your family in the few weeks that school has been in session, Katie! Here's hoping that won't continue throughout the year. Congrats on finding time to complete some sewing tasks in spite of it all!

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...