Sunday, September 10, 2023

Stash Report Week #36 and 15 Minutes

 With a twin sized quilt finished and a cathedral window piece done minus minor decorations, I am counting some stash and scraps out this week.

IN this week: 0 yards
OUT this week: 13 3/4 yards

IN YTD: 40 3/4 yards
OUT YTD: 81 1/4 yards
YTD Total: 40 1/2 yards OUT

I like to think I won’t order any new fabric for the rest of the year until I make a few decisions on the hexagon quilt (order a backing from Vicki or dye my own?), a larger cathedral windows piece (how large do I want it to be?) and another ombré quilt (what colors and how large?).  I have plenty to finish: box blocks, 16 patch blocks, a wedding quilt, and an apron.  I really should focus on what I have for a few months!

I did work on hand sewing every day, both the hexagon quilt and my Korean sewing, so I have worked on hand sewing every day this year.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Yeah for more out than in. I'm with you on the need to focus on existing projects, but you do need ones to make the exiting ones doable sometimes. Congrats on all the hand stitching time this year. That's really an achievement considering how busy your days are.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...