Saturday, September 23, 2023

Life, Full

Another full week, another sick kid (repeat, bless her), and more scraps to enjoy.

I’m afraid I don’t have many turquoise scraps this week, unfortunately, just a lonely box block.

I have been using scraps, including random strips of a black gradient from Vicki for a new bojagi for my window.  It will be quite unlike the others, but that’s fine.  I enjoy them all.
I (and the kids) have 3 cubic yards of soil and compost to move into garden beds.  Fortunately, Q is 13 and has nothing better to do, so I can assign him a certain number of loads of dirt each day, and he can do it independently.
I’m also painting the (unfinished) stairway to our (unfinished) basement.  Our house is about 20 shades of tan, and we’re ready to add a little color.  It will take me three coats, I suspect, so I’ll be at this for a few weeks.
But I did sew.  Lots of twinkle star and then I played with some 16 patches.  These are most of my remaining 16 patch blocks from the year.  I already made three more red blocks (from my stash, since I ran out of scraps) and have sewed most of the rows.  I do see one I sewed in the wrong order, so there will be some ripping done today.

 On to the next thing - homework with the sophomore.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Kate said...

So sorry one is sick. The flu is already making the rounds here, so I'm sure that won't be fun either. Enjoy your stitching time this week. Hopefully you can get out and enjoy some nice weather this first day of fall.

Vicki W said...

I love the color you are painting in the stairwell! With so many kids, is there ever a time when someone isn't ill? The joys of motherhood!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...