Sunday, September 3, 2023

Stash Report Week #35 and 15 Minutes

 Alas, the stash report remains where it is.  I anticipated getting most of the quilting done on my 16 patch quilt, but that’s not what happened, and that’s okay.

I worked on my hexagon quilt every day, and I even found my graph paper to work on the edges!  I need 16 different “units” to fill in the edges, but fortunately I have a few more months before I need to have them cut and ready to go.

I’m recalling loving my cathedral windows work.  The main piece is all stitched, so now it’s adding a backing and then some bakjwi maedup (bat knots).  I spent years avoiding much handwork beyond my hexagons as my back would get a numb spot and my hand would cramp, but it looks like I’ve relearned s few good habits and am happily on my way.



from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hopefully you get to spend some quality time moving the 15 patch quilt along. Enjoy your hand stitching. I've found that the chair I sit in is really important to avoid back problems and my hands going numb. Glad you've found a work around to avoid those problems.

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...