Saturday, September 16, 2023

Snippets

My box blocks are the leader and enders between my star blocks, so I have a handful of teal scraps sewn for the week.

My handwork (besides the usual hexagon assembly) has been a flurry of jumeoni (pouches or pockets).  BJ wanted one to carry change at church, so I had to find a bit of orange in my silk scraps.

Of course, once I finished one, I wanted to make a few more, so I made one with pink silk scraps.
And then I made a gwi jumeoni (triangle ear pouch) in blue silk.  I have trouble making the two ears the same size!
With seven children and thirteen nieces and nephews, I’m sure I can find a good home at Christmas for any extra pouches I make.

I have a pile of blacks and gray scraps on my ironing board as I ponder the next jogakbo for my windows.  I have two finished, but the other two panels are still red curtains.  I’m sure it looks a bit peculiar to our (rare) visitors!

No one missed school last week, so I think we’re near the end of this round of allergies and colds!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Very cute little pouches! Allergies have been bad this year. We needed those July rains, but they produced a bumper crop of ragweed. Hope this week goes smoothly too.

Susie H said...

The Box blocks are very pretty and will make a sweet quilt. I'm in awe of anyone sewing with fabrics that are not cotton. Silk would stop me in my tracks. Great job. Hope you have a great weekend!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...