Saturday, December 23, 2023

Laying Low

 Alas, Christmas will not be with my family this year (except the older kids and I, with masks, maybe) as a fever and cough is working its way through the little people.  I need some sleep after BJ was quite restless last night, so I’m working slowly on slow things!

This bottom edge is proving to be much more work than the sides.  At least I’m attaching the various pieces, and next week I hope to get them attached to the main body.
I finished the little 16 patch quilt with lots of cross hatching, and it’s folded away for giving.  I will apparently need to pull it out again to take a photo.

My second and third New York Beauty blocks are done, but I am not pleased with them.  I made lots of clumsy mistakes.

I do absolutely love my last Bojagi window curtain.  I love them all, but this one, with all kinds of shades of my favorite colors, looks like sea glass in the sun.

A Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate, and to those of you who don’t, Happy Holidays!  May your holidays be everything you need and nothing you don’t!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis, katie z.

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family and hope you all get well soon!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Bojagi curtain is beautiful, Katie! So sorry people are under the weather at your house. Hope you have a restful Christmas.

Kate said...

Sorry you've got some sniffly kiddos for the holidays. That's never fun at the holidays. Have a very Merry Christmas!

Susie H said...

Rats! on the bug visiting the kids! Pretty cruddy timing but I suppose it's never a good time to be sick. Love your curtain, it truly looks like sea glass to me too. Healthy New Year wishes to you and your family!

Vicki W said...

I hope everyone is feeling better and that you had a Merry Christmas! Your curtains are so beautiful.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Here's hoping the littles are feeling better by now! Congratulations on finishing up the final window panel, Katie. No surprise that it's your favorite!! :o))

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...