Saturday, December 9, 2023

Some finished, something new

I started a new project, using my collection of V and Co. ombré fabrics.  It’s past time I did something with them!  I find it hard to maintain the intense concentration needed, but it’s a good exercise for my brain, so I’ll continue.  I hope I can make one a week until I have enough for an interesting quilt.  My oldest daughters have two art teachers that “need” (deserve) a quilt, and I can’t make an ordinary quilt for either of them.

I finished the baby quilt this week, washed and dried it, and delivered it the next day.  It’s a good thing too, as it sounds like I delivered it on her last day!

We’ve had overcast skies lately, leading to some magnificent sunsets.
I have dropped the ball, so to speak, on Christmas gifts and baking this year, which means I have lots to do in the next two weeks!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

 

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your NYB block!

maggie fellow said...

lovely start and finish have a merry

The Joyful Quilter said...

Enjoy your new project, Katie, and congratulations on finishing the baby quilt at just the right time! Thanks for sharing your lovely sunset photo.

Julie in GA said...

The New York Beauty block is beautiful and perfect for an art teacher! You're not the only one who is behind on Christmas preparations. Covid put us way off schedule!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That NY Beauty block is a beauty! So fun to use the ombre dots for this project. I bet the art teachers will love these quilts!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Your NY Beauty is going to be an awesome quilt! I'm sure the new momma will love the baby quilt!

Kate said...

You picked a fun set of fabrics for that block, it definitely is not going to be ordinary! Hope you can get caught up on the backing and Christmas stuff, it's so easy to get behind.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

What an absolutely glorious sky. The NYB block is stunning, as well.

Sara said...

We've had some amazing sunsets lately too.

The paper pieced block is awesome in those fabrics! A very modern interpretation for a old traditional block.

Vicki W said...

I love that foundation pieced block and the fabrics are fabulous.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...