Saturday, December 2, 2023

Busy Days

My twinkle stars quilt is all washed and wrapped up for giving today.  As far as I can tell, the fabrics behaved and didn’t bleed, which is a relief.
In between taking the 8th grader for high school testing and the wedding this afternoon, I’m hoping to quilt more of my 16 patch baby quilt.  I would like to finish it before the baby arrives, which I think is any day, so I need to keep moving!  I dyed the backing, and while I really like it, the dye did not quite behave as expected, and I’m not sure if that’s the cold temperatures in the house or my lazy mixing.  Oh, well.



I’ll get to work now!  (And hopefully I return to visit some other lovely bloggers!)

from the room of Zana’s Ninis, katie z.

 

7 comments:

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Love how you didn't let chauffeuring and a wedding stop you from making time to quilt. Fingers crossed the baby will "bake" a little longer so you get to present the quilt at birth. However, whenever the quilt is gifted, it is sure to be loved.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I think your backing looks beautiful and perfect to go with the front! Good luck getting it all done!

Julie in GA said...

Your Twinkle Stars quilt is beautiful! I love your backing for the 16-Patch quilt.

Kate said...

Love that all blue twinkle star quilt, it's goregeous! That dyed backing is really fun, what a great finish to the 15 patch quilt. Hope you can make lots of progress today, sounds like it's been a busy weekend already.

Sara said...

I think the back for the baby quilt is very fun looking. And of course that blue Twinkle Star is gorgeous!

Vicki W said...

I love your dyed quilt back!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is beautiful fabric

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...