Saturday, December 30, 2023

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Year End

I ought to have a lovely wrap up for 2023.

- I made 16 patch blocks that turned into a scrappy baby quilt, a teal baby quilt, a picnic quilt, a wedding quilt, and a gift for a friend’s child.  I have lots of 2.5” bricks, but very few squares left.

-I made almost 300 box blocks that will all grow into quilts in 2024.

-I finished the stars and flowers for my hand pieced hexagon quilt, assembled them, and finished one side.

-

Here’s where I leave the year:
Lots of box blocks to turn into quilts.  This will be the first.
I have turned the corner on my hexie quilt.  The goal for 2024 is to finish the remaining three sides and prep for quilting.

 Next year, I’ll use my 2.5” bricks for flowers (it will make sense later) and my 1.5” scraps for more 16 patches.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis, katie z.

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love those hexies

Vicki W said...

Your hexie quilt is just spectacular. Wishing you a very happy New Year!

Kate said...

You had a productive year. That Hexie quilt is really spectacular! Happy 2024!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

What a year! Your are posed to equal, if not surpass it in 2024. I'm salivating over the hexie quilt.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...