Saturday, February 13, 2010

Pre-Quiltathon Finishes

It's been a busy week of little finishes...


First, there was a new diaper rag holder. The old one I had is going to my dear younger sister, who is having a baby three months after me. This is some home decor fabric I was gifted by my step-mother-in-law for my birthday. It's hanging next to Screamer's dresses, as we have only one small closet for all three kids. That was 3/4 yards out.

Then there is ANOTHER baby quilt, for a lovely friend who's having a baby 2 or 3 months after me. It's reminds me of the Bento box patterns I've seen, but I made it up myself. That was 3 1/4 yards out.

Then I made a clothespin bag, essentially in the same way I made the diaper rag holder. I have a new umbrella clothesline for the spring, and need somewhere to put all the pins. Yeah, not using the drier! This is more birthday-gift fabric. That was 3/4 yards out.

Finally, pre-quiltathon, I made an apron that will be mailed as soon as I get around to packaging it. The angel fabric was a gift, and as soon as I saw it, I thought - I know who this is for! That was 1 1/4 yards out.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Lori said...

do you have a pattern for the diaper bag? My clothespins always hung in an old clorox bottle, where you cut a bit out of the handle and a spot on the side to have the pins in? It would hang on the line nad slide down as you pinned things up. and the apron is wonderful, you've been BUSY!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...