Saturday, February 27, 2010

Seedlings!

I planted seeds several weeks ago and have been anxiously awaiting their sprouting. Fortunately, almost everything has at least one sprout! My seeds I saved from last year's tomatoes seem to be doing as well as the fresh tomato seeds, and I also have chives, parsley, cilantro, eggplant, and tomatillos growing. The only thing that has been a complete dud is the "Heinz" tomato seeds I bought. Ah, well. So far I am doing better this year than last (our house is too cold without help from a heater vent under the seeds). I will also eventually start luffa seeds, and the onions are growing well in their own bowl!

This means spring is coming!

Now, if only 25% of my seeds weren't backordered or out of stock. I will definitely be more diligent about saving seeds next year.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...