Thursday, February 11, 2010

Homemade Pasta

Last night, when my best friend was coming over for dinner, I made homemade pasta for the first time. It took a LONG time - almost an hour, and my arm sure hurt afterwards from all the cranking. Mmmm... it tasted delicious. We had a slow-cooked chicken and alfredo sauce (sinfully cheesy and fatty) in addition. The Assistant, who for the last month has said, "I don't like it," actually cleared her plate! Woohoo! DH, who was going out to dinner later, had to join us for a plateful (or two!), because it was so yummy.

I will definitely make pasta again, but now I know how long it will take. The Assistant tried to help with cranking, and when she is strong enough to help, it'll take me a lot less time! It wasn't the prettiest pasta, but it's nice to have one more skill (partly) under my belt.

On a side note, the Strip Twist pictured in my stash report was given to DH's Nana as a spur-of-the-moment gift. I asked my mom as I was packing, "Do you think she'd like it?" and she said, maybe, so I brought it along. Apparently Nana has been sad, so she was glad to get something unexpected.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...