Saturday, February 27, 2010

Stash Report Week #9


IN this week: 0 yards
IN YTD: 48 1/2 yards

OUT this week: 15 yards
OUT YTD: 68 1/2 yards

YTD Total: 20 yards OUT!

This week, I used up a bolt of black broadcloth to pin up behind our bedroom curtains. Our neighbor sometime leaves her living room lights on all night, and they shine right in our room. That was 6 yards, with another 1/4 yard to make DH a sleep mask. I have to have enough light to see sleep-walking kids and nurse a baby once he comes, so we can't leave the room pitch black!
I also finished all the hotpads for my sister's baby shower for two yards out and dresses for each of the girls (3 3/4 yards) for Easter/Q's christening. The dresses are very cute (I think), even if I think I made Screamer's dress too long. I also gave my older sister some fabric when I discovered I had been mistakenly given some of her fabric. I cut it up, but she didn't mean for it to come my way - she thought my younger sister had it for table cloths. Oops!
The quilt for my sister-in-law is 2/3s quilted, and I've cut the pieces for the last baby quilt that I want to complete. This week I'll quilt another row and then piece the top of the baby quilt. I'm also cutting for a quilt for someone (if I get it finished this summer), and I'll be working on a skirt for me to wear after Q is born (I don't have much that will fit, so I'm throwing together a sloppy at-home skirt). I am now 35 weeks pregnant, and this week has been full of nights lying awake with horrible indigestion. I hope it doesn't continue this way. Soon enough it may get REALLY quiet on this blog.

Fortunately, I have busted 20 yards, so even if I go shopping while I'm in labor (a tradition), I won't be doing too badly on my goal for the year!

Check out the other stash reports on Judy's blog. If you are interested in helping a poor, crazy pregnant woman, would you also look at this blog post? I need some suggestions for a few stray pieces of fabric!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...