Friday, February 19, 2010

Dreary Friday

I finished another quilt last night, but pictures will have to wait for Sunday. I'm too tired to find the camera cord right now. I'm just tired right now...

...which is bad for the last two baby quilts I need to finish. At the VERY least, I need to finish handquilting the Aunt Martha's Irish chain for my SiL. Too bad I can't motivate myself to do that right now.

On a positive note, the Screamer, who turns 2 in less than a month, has decided to start potty-training herself. Not all the time (we're definitely still wearing diapers all the time), but she used the potty this morning. Hooray!

We baked some whole wheat sandwich bread from Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes A Day. I think I didn't let them rise long enough, but they'll be delicious with soup at my sister's house tonight. Yummy. And there's the perk that I don't have to cook dinner.

I wish I had a wood-burning stove in my house on days like this. It's a perfect day to curl up next to a warm stove with a good book (and maybe a quilt) and snooze. Someday... someday soon.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Alzbeta said...

mmm...I love your bread.

Lori said...

I miss the days of staying with my grandmother, cooking on the wood stove, curling up with a good book. The very first thing I learned to cook was on a wood stove--eggs! My grandfather faithfully ate them all. I miss a simple life.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...