Saturday, February 20, 2010

Stash Report Week #8


If only I had sewn as quickly at the end of the week as I did at the beginning, there might be more pictures.
This week, I finished another quilt that I'm calling Tranquility Blues. This will be for DH's cousin who is having a baby in August. It went quickly. I'm a little disappointed in that not all the blocks of color match up across the quilt, but I had trouble with fabric slipping. There are more of these fabrics, and I want to make something for myself. Now to figure out what it is I want to make with it!

We also went shopping for fancy white fabric to make a christening gown for Q, as I learned DH's gown is not available for use. My brothers wore a white knit outfit that will probably drown a newborn (I don't know how they managed, except that my youngest brother was a big newborn). Now we have a gown; I know I tried to take a picture, but it's not on my camera, so I'll have to try again another time. Of course, while I picked that fabric out, the Assistant had to get her own goodies. Pink, of course.

I finished 14 hotpads for my younger sister's baby shower (less than a month away). They're green, and I shall also be making some yellow, as that is her favorite color. She's having a girl, so I've already pulled out my boxes of newborn girl clothes. Awww. I remember how much I loved dressing the girls in the cute little dresses.

IN this week: 3 1/4 yards
IN YTD: 48 1/2 yards

OUT this week: 6 3/4 yards
OUT YTD: 53 1/2 yards

YTD Total: 5 yards OUT!

This time last year, I had purchased 73 yards and used 25, for a total of 48 yards in. I'm definitely doing better this year, but there is that little thing called a baby that will call a screeching halt to quilting for a while at least!

For the coming week, my goals are to quilt another group of blocks on my Aunt Martha's Irish Chain, finish the yellow hotpads (quilting and binding are all that is needed), work on the girl's Easter/spring dresses, and begin work on the LAST baby quilt needed for this year. Any if anyone else decides to have a baby, I don't promise a baby quilt!

I will also be secretly (sneakily) working on a quilt from the Assistant's pink fabrics. She's chopped them into such small pieces that I am having to choose small blocks to make, but eventually she will have her own pink quilt. Either she'll love it, jump up and down and laugh, or she'll cry and say, "I didn't want you to nini my fabric!"

Check out the other stash reports on Judy's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Very pretty quilt and you're doing great this year! I'd love to see pictures of the hotpads you made. Happy stitching!

Unknown said...

Congrats on all the new babies in your family!!

Suggestion...any chance you can either darken the type on your blog, or lighten the 'snowflake' background? It is very difficult to read...might just be my old lady eyes too! LOL

Tamera said...

You're doing great! Keep up the good work.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...