Saturday, February 13, 2010

Stash Report Week #7

I didn't buy anything this week, no matter how sorely I was tempted. I need to fill up my green box sometime, you know? We can't let it empty entirely!

There were plenty of finishes, detailed in these two posts: Pre-Quiltathon and Quiltathon. I also finished, Saturday afternoon/evening, a glove bag for DH. It hangs by our back door for all his gloves, hats, and scarves, as we don't have any closets except in bedrooms. It makes it hard to store winter things.

I made dumplings for the first time, and we took a tour of our land in the afternoon on Saturday. It was quite a day. Today, my sister should be bringing kolaches, and we're having other Czech food in honor of the feast of Sts. Cyril and Methodius. Mmm, cream cheese kolaches.

IN this week: 0 yards
IN YTD: 45 1/4 yards

OUT this week: 10 1/4 yards
OUT YTD: 46 3/4 yards

YTD Total: 1 1/2 yards OUT!

I am finally on the right side of the numbers. There's still a long way to go to 50 yards out, especially as I know I need to buy some green fabric and some light blues, but I have three more baby quilts to finish in the next six weeks (if I can). There are also some shower favors for my SiL's and younger sister's baby showers that should get finished.

I also need to focus on our garden. I try to start as many of our plants from seed as possible, and that means I need to get to it BEFORE Q is born!

Check out the other stash reports at Judy's blog!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

Scrappy-Quilter said...

what a great report this week!

Quiltsmiles said...

Great finishes and stash report, way to go. What diaper bag rag holder pattern did you use? I love that you did a clothespin holder too, which reminded me I need to get an updated one myself so I am looking for that type of pattern. Keep up the grreat success.
Jane

Amy said...

Good for your Katie. Your quilts turned out great!

sewkalico said...

Oh Katie!! I feel terrible that I have not been keeping up with your blog, but after reading almost 40 posts, I have now caught up and am so pleased to read our news that you are expecting a little boy! Congratulations. I shall try and keep up now!!!!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...