Sunday, August 28, 2011

Design Wall Monday

Progress is being made on my "Making Ends Meet" scraps.  Here is the result of cobbling together the leftover bits and strips!  I still need to add two cream borders to the sides (top and bottom in this picture).  The backing is cut and ready to be pieced, then I can think about quilting... I think I will machine quilt it, as my skills are minimal and I would like to improve.  Practice makes perfect, right?
I like that the colors appear to float.  There are spacers between each row, which is something I had never done before.  I like the look.  My trimming of the top, however, could have been more even.  I had to take a little more than I wanted off one side.

Peach sorbet, ready for the freezer.  Can I hear a big "YUM?"

I am half-finished quilting the background of my Scraps to Treasures.  5 weeks left!

Check out the other design walls at Judy's place.  What's on her wall today?

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

13 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Doesn't it feel great to use up scraps and make another whole quilt for free?!?! I just love that! Yours is very creative. And yes...practice makes perfect, so enjoy the quilting practice!

Amy said...

I really like this, it looks fresh and cool!

Judy D in WA said...

I love what you did with your leftovers! Have fun quilting.
And the peach sorbet is making my mouth water!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a great way to use of scraps! I think it is beautiful. Yummmmmm....peach sorbet!

Gari in AL said...

I am really impressed with how you have used your leftovers. That is kind of what I am doing now but they seem to multiply again as soon as I leave the studio. I guess that's my cue to just stay in the studio full time. ;-)

Vicki H. said...

Looks great and is a very modern looking little quilt. I love the colors, too. I love the quilting part, have fun!

Annie said...

What a great strippy quilt! Love the colors!

Chris said...

I love it. You would never guess it was all scraps.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like how it appears to float too! Nice colors

Sarah said...

My first reaction was this was Seminole Piecing (one of my favs) but since it's scraps, I am guessing not. Either way I love the mixed patterns and the colors are beautiful

kwiltnkats said...

Katie, your sorbet sounds terrific. YUM!!! Your leftover Making Ends Meet looks great. Is 5 weeks going to be enough for you or are you starting to worry? Sounds like a lot of time, but as time goes...its never ever enough. Sandi

Amy said...

Your scrap quilt is really neat! Good way to put those scraps to use.

Jane said...

Love the color. How will you quilt it?

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...