Sunday, August 28, 2011

UFO #7 progress

My UFO for the month?  Actually, I am quite pleased with the progress made on this UFO.  It is not finished this month, but that was never the intention.  It will be finished by Christmas, to make a joint Christmas present from me and my sister.

The UFO for this month was 19 placemats for my family: my parents, their children and their children's families.  There are already 19 of us, and only 4 of us are married!

My goals for this month were to cut and piece the side of the placemats that will be different, cut the backing, cut the batting, cut binding, and mark the backing for the embroidering of each person's name.  My sister is the mistress in the embroidery department, so I finished my part.  She, however, has an incredibly busy life, so she's going to embroider one name a week.  When I am ready to quilt another project, I will prep a few placemats too and run them through.  Thus, over the course of the next few months, we will finish them all.

She has two done, so when I'm next ready to quilt, these will be in the line-up!

Check out the other UFO's at Judy's place.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...