Sunday, August 7, 2011

Stash Report Week #32

What a blessed week we have had!  Three nights of rain after weeks without it, and three days of under 100 after what feels like 2 1/2 months of over 100.

The Assistant has recovered from a little accident that occurred Sunday afternoon (no stitches or emergency room, but scary all the same).

I actually finished a few things!  First, there was this table runner on Sunday for 2 yards out.  Then, on Wednesday, I helped my loverly older sister cover her bulletin boards with fabric for 6 yards out!  Finally, Saturday night, I put the final stitches in my other table runner.  Woohoo!  10 yards out in one week?  I haven't finished anything since the first week of June, so it's about time!

I used part of a Poseidon fat quarter bundle of Kona solids.  Unfortunately, I was not able to attain quite the run of colors I had envisioned, but I still really like this runner.  I hand quilted cross-hatching except on the setting triangles, where I didn't quilt at all.  It just seemed done at this point.  I think if you click the pictures, you can tell what I mean.

AND I didn't buy anything this week, fabric-wise.  I did buy buttons with a gift card, but they were all on sale or clearance, and I used three to fill orders from my etsy shop.  Yeah!  Two orders ready to send, and another in the works... I am making letters and can't find a script font that is thick enough.

I also had a cutting frenzy, in which I cut all the fabric for my UFO for the month (19 placemats), including backing and binding.  Too bad I had to abscond with some of that binding for the table runner above, as I forgot to cut it when I cut the rest (which I normally do, so I don't have to slow down once I'm done quilting a project!).

I canned pickles (the first and possibly only canning done this summer).  I froze tomatoes.  It's been a busy week!

My pink table runner is cut too, so I can begin sewing it.

My Scraps to Treasures quilt is a top!!!  Maybe this week I will baste it and being hand quilting.

Check out the other stash reports on Judy's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, great week! I like the table runner, what a good way to use solids.

Charlene S said...

I just love both of those table runners.

Donna said...

Good for you having such a great week!

SpinningStar said...

Great week of getting stuff done and YEA for rain!
liz

Amy said...

You have been busy! You table runners are cute!

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...