Saturday, August 13, 2011

Stash Report Week #33

Only one small thing finished, but certainly not for a lack of work on my part!

I cut into my roll of batting for my Scraps to Treasures quilt, 19 placemats (my ufo for August), and three table runners.  Whew!

I survived a less-than-stellar quilt guild meeting.  That may be it for me and this quilt guild.  Only time will tell.  During the meeting, I did manage to finish another snowflake of hexagons!

I had a crazy basting party... my Scraps to Treasures quilt and the three table runners.  I am hand quilting the S2T quilt, and already have two table runners quilted and trimmed.  Once I quilt the third, I'll sew on all the bindings and finish them up.

DH returned to work this week, on top of all the other busy-ness in our life, and that made me decide my days were going to be more productive too.  Plus, the heat has finally broken.  We've had more rain in the last two weeks than we had all summer, and I don't feel like a slug all day long.

Two runners quilted and trimmed.  Table runner pattern sent to a few ladies who said they might be able to test it.  Are you interested in testing the pattern for me?  If so, please leave a comment (and if you are no-reply, an email as well).  I'd like to actually put it on my etsy site, but would like to know my directions are not gobbeldy--gook to the rest of the quilting world.  I am left-handed, after all.

More letters are almost finished for Bear Cub Q, but I need to finished quilting and then put my regular foot back on the machine before I can finish them.

My oldest starts school full-day on Friday.  I am really curious to see how this changes our days and my productivity.

There's been some crocheting too, but I'll wait until I sew buttons on the flowers to take pictures of those.  Right now, I need to finish the table runners so I can send them with my mom for my sister to do her awesome photo magic for the cover of my pattern.

4 pairs... 4... gotta love it
from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Lori said...

sorry to hear the guild is a bust. Wish you lived close to me--you could come and sew--kids and all--no sitter needed. Sounds like you've been busy! Glad to hear about the rain, and the sweltering hot spell has broken. The oldest in school will be a big change--for everyone!

Kathie said...

School here starts the 24th, can't wait. Even thou my daughter will be a senior and will have early dismissal I am looking forward to getting back in some sort of routine.

Living the Lewis Lifestyle said...

Haha, Oh Brigid. Love it!

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...