Thursday, August 18, 2011

Writing a pattern...

Having the idea for the pattern?  No sweat.

Writing up a rough draft?  Easy peasy.

Pictures?  Aw, I ship that off to my sister with the photo magic skills!

Testing a pattern?  Woo-ee!  I had no idea my proofreading skills had so declined!  Thank you, thank you, thank you, to Liz from Spinning Star.  If my pattern ever sells (if I ever finish it with all the, um, edits she's suggested), it will all be thanks to Liz.  I'm so much a self-taught, book-taught, and internet-taught quilter that I just don't know how other people read patterns.  I am still thinking about dividing up my pattern into two and including more variations, but for now, I am one more step closer (even if it will be longer) to having a quality pattern.

To all you geniuses who produce patterns at the drop of the hat, God bless you!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

sewkalico said...

This is so true. I was reading a pattern for a bag last night and it was sending my head in a spin so I thought I'd just make a bag without a pattern. As I started cutting and planning etc, I suddenly realised how difficult writing a pattern for the bag I was doing would be!! Good luck my friend!! You'll be fine!

SpinningStar said...

Gees thanks {blush}...

I like your table runner and it's a great design. I'm glad to help in the proofreading... now onto the sewing part!If only I can settle down on my fabric choices. I suspect that tablerunners will be a big part of my holiday presents this year!

Liz

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...