Saturday, August 27, 2011

Stash Report Week #35

I did purchase fabric this week, but it is for a commissioned quilt, so I've decided not to count it until I see what I'm going to keep in terms of leftovers.


What DID I do this week?


The Assistant had three days of school. We biked one day, but the other two were too hot. We all seem to be doing well with the adjustment, much better than I was expecting.  Until about 7 at night.


I shipped a package to England.  I will NEVER AGAIN take my children to Box Inc.  I just can't afford to ship packages when they tip over AN ENTIRE display of greeting cards.  Oh, the embarrassment.  Maybe we should just forget that happened, okely?


Mending is done for at least a few weeks (or months...)!  I still can't figure out why, when I take such pride in reusing and making do and so forth, I loathe taking the time to mend.  Once I actually start, I love knocking out the repairs.


My "Making Ends Meet" scraps are in rows, Seminole-piecing style (not exactly, but in that theme), ready to sew together.  Oh, wait, they WERE ready to sew together until Bear Cub Q, in true grizzly bear fashion, demolished my sewing cubby... pins everywhere, rows thrown about, thread unspooled, bobbins tangled, seat cushion on the floor.  Grrr, says Mama Bear.  I don't go for demolishing in my sewing room unless I'm doing it.


New windows are ordered for our house (35 windows in all, most of them different sizes).  Bear Cub Q's lead level isn't decreasing, and windows are the only thing left.  Even our soil was cleared from the garden beds, so this is it.  If his lead level doesn't decrease after this, we're leaving this house. 'Nuf said.


Ah, yes, there was peach salsa this week.  21 pints.  Yum, yum, yum.


I also repaired a fence (with a handful of slivers to prove it.  OW!), cleaned the patio, cleaned the driveway (where I ran a stick into my nail bed.  OW!), mowed with our old-fashioned mower, figured out how to run a gas trimmer, and began killing the squash bugs.  Dang nasty bugs.  I feel very accomplished.  Oh, and I split some wood with our hand-powered wood splitter (safer than an ax around the kids).  We are BEHIND in preparing our wood for winter, as we had planned to be moved out by now.  It's time to get splitting!  (The wood is dry already, I just want it split before I need it!)


My Scraps to Treasures quilt is moving along.  I have almost finished one section (of 3 or so) of quilting.  October 7 is going to come too soon!


Crocheting, of course.


My table runner pattern is nearing completion.  A few more edits, then pictures from my sis, and I think I'll be ready to get a few printed!


Check out the other stash reports on Judy's blog.  I hope her AC is still working, poor woman.  115 with no AC is brutal.

5 comments:

SpinningStar said...

Wow - you've had a busy week. Hope this one is not as exciting!

Liz

krisgray said...

Whew!! I'm tired just reading al that you got done htis week :-) !!!

Melanie said...

Wow, I'm exhausted just reading that! I hope you plan on relaxing the rest of the day, it is Sunday after all!

Lori said...

I read you blog--made me exhausted, think I better take a nap.....! That was a lot of things done in one week Katie!

kwiltnkats said...

Gosh you have been super busy. You've got your hands all over everything. I'm with you on the mending! I don't think you should count adding to your stash if it's a commission, but certainly you should claim it used if it works out that you can. :) Sandi

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...