Saturday, August 20, 2011

Stash Report Week #33

I had finishes this week, but no evidence as I sent the table runners to my sister for photo magic and didn't take any pictures myself!  I finished three runners for 6 yards out.

I also finished some letters that spell the name Jimmy.  Gee, who could that be?  Anyway, those are with my sister too, so no pictures.  I estimate 1/4 yard out.

It's a good thing I finished a few things, as I seemed to have poked some buttons and then gone shopping on Saturday.  7 3/4 yards total...

First, Connecting Threads had a thread sale, and I needed some colors for my Scraps to Treasures quilt, which is progressing nicely, thank-you-very-much.  (I only have 6 weeks left!)  Then, rather than pay shipping, I picked out some fabric.  For example, a nice cream solid on clearance that is one of those go-to neutrals.  (I spent a gift card, so I don't feel guilty, either!)
Then there was this gem, which I would have loved in dark brown, but savor in the blue.  I am going to make myself a craft bag (diaper-bag-esque) for carrying around my crocheting.  It's a pain to have a plastic bag for all my needles and accoutrements.
Finally, on Saturday, Jen Eskridge of ReannaLily Designs was having a book signing at Material Girls Shoppe, I had to go!  She was the one bright spot in my quilt guild fiasco (okay, "fiasco" may be too strong a word.  How about FLOP?).  Did you know she even remembered my name and how old my kids were?  I wish I remembered personal info about others that well.  I love the idea of this book, since my FiL is ex-Air Force.  I'll have to see what uniforms I can dig up.

While there, I found the lovely floral 50% off, so I bought three yards.  The Assistant, who was still recovering from a bicycle accident (she tangled up with her bike, smashed her nose and lip, and has a bum knee, poor girl), picked out the blue snowflake fat quarter.  (I still hadn't spent my allowance for the month, and I had a little gift card left... I love gift cards!)

What else did I do?  I was busy!

I worked on my table runner pattern and was put on the right road by the brilliance of Liz.  God bless her for all her work on MY pattern!  I still have a long way to go (much farther than I thought), but my finished product is going to be immensely better than I anticipated.

Having so many nice quilters lately has made me feel like maybe I'm finally finding a niche for myself.  As my family knows, that's a good but rare feeling for me.  (And Henrietta, Lori, Karol-Ann, and my fellow leftie, you've been a big part of that too!)

I've also crocheted a hat a day in preparation for an eventual craft show.  I've also made a few flowers an dishcloths.  I think I've also developed a new style of hat, but I need to make a few more to confirm that thought.

The Assistant also had her first day of all-day school.  Whew!  I'll be glad when the adjustment period (crying, sleeplessness, etc. [her., not me!]) is over.  She loves school, but it's still hard on everyone to adjust to a new school.

What a great week.

Check out the other stash reports on Judy's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

SpinningStar said...

Love all the different colors of the threads. I think I got some of the same ones. It was a great sale and I hope I am supplied for a while.

Good fabric purchases, too.

Looking forward to seeing the final pattern - you'll be getting some pictures soon of what I've sewn up. And, it was fun being a reviewer and I am glad I was able to help you. It got my brain thinking in different directions.

liz

DeeDee said...

Beautiful colors of thread. Best of luck with your pattern.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...