Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Monochromatic Challenge: August Edition

Pink!  If you've read my blog for a while, you might remember my agonizing over the Assistant's perpetual selection of pink fabrics at quilt shops.  I don't DO pink.  I have red-brown hair, so pink is not high on the list of colors I choose to wear, and therefore, I was never interested in quilting with it.

For this month, I was apparently in luck, as I had a sizeable pile of pink scraps (oh, yes, she then CUT up all her pink fabrics, so they weren't even in whole chunks!), and a few pieces of pink I had bought for projects for her.


I remade my table runner (anyone getting tired of seeing variations yet?), this time without setting triangles. My binding leaves something to be desire, but I think I would do it again and it would look much better.  I just had to pin in the inset corners frequently.

It's done, I almost like the pink, now on to... green for September?

Check out the other monochromatic challenges (I hope there are more this month!) at Judy's place.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Cute idea. Looks good. I can see it on a table decorated for Spring.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Looks great! Neat pattern.

Cheryl Willis said...

when you have a pattern that works for you, I say use it. great job, especially for a color that is not a favorite! cw

Henrietta said...

Very springtime, Easter - ish. I like it a lot.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...