Monday, August 22, 2011

Design Wall Monday

Since my monochromatic challenge for the month is done and my UFO waiting for my sister, I have MENDING to do.  Do you put off your mending too?  It's not that it's so difficult... it's the mental stretches required to solve each puzzle independently of normal quilting.  The bucket, however, is overflowing, and we actually NEED a few of the things in the mending basket, so I need to move on it all.

I'm also going to tackle the scraps left from piecing my Making Ends Meet top (pattern by Judy Laquidara).  Originally, I thought about pillow cases or some such, but I don't have enough of the background to do that.  I will do something with them, or separate them and put them in the scrap bags... which also need to be tidied up, but I can only take so many UGH tasks in a week.

There is the ever-present Scraps to Treasures quilt.  Am I going to finish in time?  My fingers aren't too sure, and my brain says the math doesn't compute.  Somebody, help me quilt faster!  I am going to work on my table runner pattern too... final edits before sending it out again, I hope to finish this week!  A few more hats would be good, some flowers, maybe a dish cloth or two!

Today, I'm going to take the 40 pounds of peaches and make some peach salsa.  It may be DH's favorite canned item, and I'm all about him loving the food I prepare!  Mmm... I may need to hunt up some tortilla chips.  I'd better boogie.

I'm going to have a good week too.

Check out the other design walls at Judy's place.  What's on HER design wall this week?  Has she found it under all the boxes?

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

Vicki H. said...

Very pretty colors, can't wait to see this scraps to treasures. I have a few quilts going. I did complete the table runner with your pattern and wanted to quilt it soon before sending you a photo but if that doesn't happen I will get a picture to you soon. Nice job on the table runner pattern.

kwiltnkats said...

I'd like to buy time as one of the TV commercials suggested you could some years ago when it aired. Wouldn't it be nice? I don't think there are ever enough hours to be in ones sewing studio! Your Peach Salsa sounds marvelous! Ole! Sandi

Nina Marie said...

you know there are so many times I wish I could get more quilting in the same amount of time. So glad that I'm not the only one!

Chris said...

Ooohhh peach salsa sounds soooo good right now :) I also dislike mending and put it off forever.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...