Monday, August 1, 2011

UFO and Monochromatic Challenge


UFO status: My Favorite Things quilt is completely pin-basted and 1/7 hand quilted.  While I would surely love to have the quilting part significantly farther along, I wasn't sure I would ever reach this point.  That first strip of border seemed to go on forever and ever and ever.  The whole no A/C until July 22 didn’t help with that either!

My monochromatic challenge ended with a finish of only one of my three table runners.  I only finished the one that was actually blue.  The others are still in progress, one in the piecing stage and the other being hand quilted.  The others will be done eventually.

I was slowed down by the realization that my Scraps to Treasures quilt is due October 7, as in completely done, bound, labeled, etc.  Well, I haven’t finished piecing the top yet, so I need to shake a leg.  I did manage to piece a scrappy backing for it (just don’t remind me that when I showed it to DH, he said, “Did you TRY to make it that ugly?” Ouch.).  In August, it must be a primary focus of the month.


Who knows what August will bring, though, with our current run of drama?

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

Alzbeta said...

The blue and white is lovely! I love the curli-qs on the back as well!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Very nice!!!

Cheryl Willis said...

Nice- it is always fun to see what others are doing with the challenge. cw

kwiltnkats said...

Husbands can be so direct...it can't be as bad as that. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder right? Who's holding the quilt? Hope you have a dramaless August. Sandi

JudyCinNC said...

Will look forward to that UFO finish whenever you post it. At least we all get to keep trying. Love the blue and white runner. JC

AnnieO said...

My July UFO didn't get finished either but yours is at least a quilt sandwich being quilted!

The table runner is so nice--congrats on your work through heat and drama!

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...