Saturday, September 15, 2018

Bits and Pieces

This week has been... long.  Let's chat about the sewing.

The strips sets are cut, more strip sets are sewn, and there's more to go yet.  Here are two of the three collections ready to sew into 4-patches.

The emptying of the 1.5" strips box is proceeding nicely.  I'm not sure I'll be able to exhaust the box by the end of the year, but I will certainly have them settled for the next year.  2019 will be the year of 2" strips since that box is overflowing to bursting.  I thought I was using them for my hourglass blocks this year, but I realized the math was more awkward than I'd like, so I used my 2.5" scraps.

More blue scraps next week are on the burner!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. Be sure to check out the other blue projects this weekend!

7 comments:

Julierose said...

I am in the process of "bashing" my strip stash in blues and maroons also; use it up is my new motto--scrappy-ness is my goal...hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You have a great goal of really putting your scraps to good use! Pretty blues in that picture!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Looking good!! - ;))

The Joyful Quilter said...

They aren't dark, but they certainly are BLUE!! Prepping block parts is a great use of scraps (and scraps of time, too!!)

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Sorry your week was long. Hopefully you will be thoroughly refreshed by a relaxing and enjoyable weekend. You are doing well at busting your stash. Such teeny pieces!

Mari said...

Some weeks are long, some are short, but all progress is good progress! Hope this week is better!

Kate said...

Hopefully your long week didn't get any longer. I hate it when those kind of weeks come up. Congrats on all the scrappy progress.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...