Saturday, September 29, 2018

Quilt Seeds

I love 16 patches as quilt seeds.  There are so many promising combinations of the colors I've already sewn up for the year,  and no one will be displeasing in the final arrangement.  While I originally intended to complete one quilt from my quilt seeds, I am certain I have enough for two and suspect a third.
 I have a box of 16 patch halves in blue-gray to finish up this weekend, and then there's a pile of light/medium blues to turn into 16 patches in October.  Soon I'll group colors into groups of 10 and decide where these delightful blocks are taking me.
The best accomplishment of this week was my finished flimsy.  Woohoo!  Vicki's new yard of fabric blends perfectly with the old.  I have the backing and batting ready, but all my basting pins are tied up in Aegean Sea, and I'm waiting on a sewing machine repair to tackle the quilting on that (sigh).  I think a simplified quilting plan may be required, as I don't think the repair will be done any time soon.  Tiny harp space for an enormous quilt?  I can do that!

Off to the races of the weekend!  The warm weather returns tomorrow, so I want to finish some garden chores today.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. If your weekend is a little less full than mine, you will have time to check out all the blues!

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Yor star quilt is wonderful, Katie! Such beautiful color!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Fun 16 patch blocks! And congratulations on finishing the top, these stars are beautiful!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wow! Beautiful flimsy, wonderful 16 patches. Congratulations!
Cheers,
Sylvia@Treadlestitches

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your 16-patches make terrific quilt seeds - and your stars are beautiful!! - ;))

Kathy S. said...

Love your quilt seeds. Beautiful blues. Your rainbow quilt is dazzling. The colors are balanced perfectly. Great work!

Kate said...

Congrats on finishing off the star flimsy! Those colors really shine with the blue background. Lots of blue gracing your design walls last week.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking forward to the garden of tops that your "quilt seeds" produce!!!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...