Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Aegean Sea Update

This Wednesday finds us with a quilt flimsy too large to lay out on my floor!  When it comes time to baste, I'll rearrange furniture or use the upstairs living room floor.
(It turns out my squares I thought I'd cut one short... I found the missing in another pile, so I actually cut all the pieces correctly the first time!)

I finished all the borders, cut the batting, and will sit down today to piece the backing.  The quilt is 96" long, so finding a backing fabric that I had enough to cut two "super long" pieces.  Fortunately, I found a lovely dark background that includes plenty of teals.  I'm not going to struggle to match up the pattern in the backing.  Why make myself crazy when no one else will be bothered?

Now I need to get ready to baste this (quite lovely) monstrosity.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Love the pieced borders on Aegean Sea! They really make the quilt. Congratulations on all the progress.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...