Tuesday, September 4, 2018

September Goals

In August, I hoped to...
1.  Stay current with orange scraps: trim, 9 patches, churn dashes, and Stained Glass Star Blocks.  Done, done, and done.

2.  UFO: Aegean Sea.  No way, no how is this getting done, but I need to plan the fabrics and begin cutting.  I have all but the most complicated unit completed, and all cutting is complete.

3.  Mending.  Done.

4.  Finish the aprons.  Done.

5.  Make some car bags.  The kids tend to lead garbage, recycling, and misc. debris in the van, and I’d like a few bags to help gather it all in easily without having to keep plastic bags on hand.  Done.

6.  Finish the Rainbow Baby quilt.  I’ve already posted about it’s finish, so I’m right on track.  All done!

In September, I’d like to...
1.  Stay current with dark blue scraps: 16-patches.

2.  Since the scraps are down to one project, I hope to get my Stained Glass Stars into a flimsy.  Unfortunately, since I botched the cutting of setting triangles, I need to order more fabric.

3.  Finish Aegean Sea?  This may be ridiculous, but I’m going to try.

4. The  UFO number for this month is #9, my red white and blue project.  I finished this back when I was recovering from my hand being crushed, so I’ll tackle #6, which is a set of green and brown fabrics.  Hopefully, since it will be small, I can finish it.

5.  This is my third year participating in the Teal Mini Swap, and since it’s due October 2, I aim to finish this month.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

You had a very successful August. You've got an ambitious list for September. Good luck!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...