Wednesday, September 5, 2018

UFO Update: "Almost" August

It took me a while, Judy Laquidara, but I am still following your UFO Challenge!

#3 was drawn for August.  That's Aegean Sea by Judy Martin.  (Grammerly wants me to change it to "the" Aegean Sea.  Silly Grammerly.)

So, I had the fabric purchased and that's it.  I had to puzzle out how to make my dream happen, how to cut it all, and sew it up!

I made it through puzzling, cutting, and sewing three of the four major units for the quilt.  My sewing machine broke permanently (grrr), so I lost most of last week.  Here's where I am!

September's UFO is already finished, so I'll be doing the green and brown fabric lot that was so nicely given to me by A Left-Handed Quilter.  I have a plan, now to make time!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

There I am - reading along about your projects when I see my name - what a surprise! It will be fun to see what you do with the brown and green fabric I sent you - ;))

Kate said...

A permanently broken sewing machine doesn't sound good at all. Hopefully you've got a work around for that (new machine?) and can get busy on your September UFO.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...