Saturday, September 8, 2018

Blues of the Best Kind

After a week swamped by an endless 10” of rain, we’re threatening to float away in muddy waters!  Since garden work is thigh-high mud, I’ve retreated inside to the sewing machine.

Oodles of strip sets are stacked on my ironing board for now.  I have one more stack I hope to sew up today, and I think I can manage to get there.

My Stained Glass Stars are neatly sewn into rows, but I miscut all my side triangles, so we’re paused for now.  My swatch to match is in the mail to Vicki, and when I have more fabric, I’ll buckle back down.  I suppose I could cut the cornerstones and work on sashing rows, but, meh.

The other sewing for the week was on Aegean Sea.  I finally finished the last unit, so it’s time to begin assembling.  So far, I’ve only failed to cut enough of one solid square, which was easily remedied.  I hope the rest of my cutting counts hold out as nicely!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. Check out all the rich and luscious blues this weekend!

4 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I hope you will have a better weather now... Beautiful blue strips!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your blue strip sets are intriguing! What are you making with them?

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm SEW sorry to hear of your triangle tragedy. Here's hoping that Vicki can make up a match for you!

Kate said...

The Stained Glass Stars is gorgeous. Hope Vicki can find a match for you.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...