Friday, September 14, 2018

UFO Updates

My Aegean Sea quilt is coming along nicely, despite a sewing machine total breakdown today.  My green and blue ombre has a better flow in pictures than it first felt in reality.  I'm looking forward to adding the pieced border next.  It's much larger than I need it to be, but since the pattern calls for more borders, I'll keep sewing.  This should be another guest bed quilt to be used at Christmas.  I love it!  (But what do I do about the quilting?!?)
 The "official" UFO for this month was a collection of a layer cake and a jelly roll of green and brown fabrics from Connecting Thread, via A Left-Handed Quilter.  I'm pleased with this quilt: easy to piece, everything places nicely together, and it fits on a single width of fabric, so no piecing of the back!  I have batting still to cut, but since I certainly didn't expect to progress this far during the week, it's all good!
Next week, I hope to have a flimsy and a basted quilt (or, dare I hope, quilted?) in addition to oodles of blue scrap sewing.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Julierose said...

That Aegean sea is lovely--I really think it is so evocative of the ocean...nice work;)))
hugs, Julierose

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

The Aegean sea looks great! And the green and brown one turned out quite nicely - I knew you'd put them to good use - ;))

Kate said...

Love you Aegean Sea quilt! Congrats on all the successful stitching time this week.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...