Thursday, September 27, 2018

Wednesday Work in Progress

Whew!  It’s been a long time since I finished a quilt.  Sunday, I finished the binding on my green and brown baby quilt.  This is my UFO Challenge for September, made with fabric shared by a Left-Handed Quilter, and added to the baby quilt stash.  The last remaining layer cake squares I sliced into 2.5” strips, so the entire bag is empty.

Perhaps I should have quilted more closely, but I think this will be fine.  No bleeding to worry about, no terrible creases, just a comfy, simple baby quilt about 40" square.

This wraps up my UFO for September for the 2018 UFO Challenge with Judy Laquidara.  Here's my original list, which hasn't been edited or crossed off.  I lost a month of finishes with my broken hand and subsequent surgery (six months ago this week), but I may finish the year with 12 new quilts finished!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

That is a VERY cute baby quilt! Great use of the bits and pieces - ;))

Kate said...

Congrats on a very cute finish. How is your hand/wrist doing? Hopefully you are all healed up and back to normal.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...