Saturday, September 22, 2018

Little Bits of Progress

I spent my week sewing four-patches, (caring for sick kids), sewing more four-patches, (refusing to negotiate with a 3-year-old terrorist), sewing more four patches, basting a monster quilt, quilting a baby quilt, and sewing more four-patches, I finally stitched all my dark blues into four-patches and even managed to iron most of them!
The blue-greys and medium blues will have to wait for next week, but they'll have their time in the sun too.

Cooler weather has finally (temporarily, perhaps) arrived, so I thoroughly enjoyed open windows yesterday.  This morning, everyone else thought it was chilly, but I found the temperatures just about right.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. Be sure to check out all the other blue projects this weekend!

7 comments:

scraphappy said...

Cool weather sounds lovely right now. The blues are just right for cooler days.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Busy week! But your blocks are lovely, perfect fit with the weather!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sewing four patches whenever you need a break from other things sounds like a great idea! I found my own three year olds to be quite challenging back in the day. But they grew up and turned into very nice people! :)

Cathy said...

Cute little four patches.
Cooler here too. Need to think about bringing houseplants in from the deck now.

JanineMarie said...

Aw. cooler weather. Isn’t it awesome? We had to pull a blanket up last night, but we sure weren’t going to close the windows. Tgat’s A lotta four patches! What will you do with them? (Hope the kiddies feel better.)

grammajudyb said...

Predicting cooler/close to freezing at night here for all next week. So my deck pots are in. My tomatoes (green too) are harvested! I was hoping for a slower transition to cool. Not 90's to 47's in 4 days!!!

Kate said...

Oh wow, sounds like you had a very hectic week, which makes all your progress very impressive. Hope the kiddos are all in good health and that you don't catch whatever it was they had.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...