Friday, June 26, 2020

Another One (or Two) Bites the Dust

And just like that, after years of adding to the pile of 16 patches, the project box is entirely empty.  The first quilt is 24 blocks by 24 blocks, so about 96” square, and has fabrics ranging from purple to blue to green.  I used an extra wide backing for this giant, quilted it on the diagonal, and bound it with an Uncorked fabric in dark turquoise.  I’m very happy with how it turned out.
 Unfortunately, when I finished  making the chunks and rows for the giant 16 patch quilt, I discovered I still had a pile of blocks left.  Only in blues and greens this time, it makes a nice oversized baby quilt or toddler quilt.  The project box is empty, the remaining strips are back in the 1.5” scrap box, and I’m ready to move on to another block obsession for a while.
from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is such a good way to use scraps - I had started to cut up scraps into too many different sizes and there they sit - I should just pick and size and then use them like that -

Vicki W said...

What wonderful quilts! The little one will be great for a baby quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, Katie! Congratulations on a job well done. And an empty project box!! :o))

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...