Sunday, June 7, 2020

Stash Report Week #23

This was a great week for stash busting.  Not only did I finish my 8 masks, but I also finished a quilt! Spunky’s bee quilt is all done.

I do have 1/4 yard in this week.  I needed to order another Left-Eze Rule for triangles after I knicked a substantial chunk out of my old one.  I am a leftie, so I’ve really enjoyed this ruler.  Kitty was so kind as to send a fat quarter with the ruler (in blue, so a perfect choice).

IN this week: 1/4 yard
OUT this week: 7 yards

IN YTD: 34 1/2 yards
OUT YTD: 78 1/2 yards 
YTD Total: 44 yards OUT

On the 15 minutes front, I worked hard to squeeze in extra hand quilting time.  I finished 9 blocks, leaving me with only 8 more.  I quilted two today, so I’m really, really looking forward to finishing this quilt this week.  I will get to put it on my bed just as I convince DH to put the wool quilt away (it’s HOT!).  Another finish will also be a lovely boost to the stash report.  The Irish Chain quilt has taken me a long time from start to finish, so the finish is going to be so satisfying and I think very time-freeing!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I had to put a lighter thinner quilt on our bed as well - it was too hot to have the quilt that was part wool on the bed

Kate said...

Good luck with your stitching goals for this week. It's always exciting to get close to being done.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks for the shoutout - I'm glad you enjoy using the LEFT-EZE Rule - and that you liked the fat quarter! Congratulations on finishing Spunky's bee quilt - it looks GREAT!! - ;))

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...