Sunday, June 28, 2020

Stash Report Week # 26 and 15 Minutes

Masks... I made my last masks for a while this past week, wrapping up a set of matching masks for the Assistant and her classmates.  Almost everyone wore them, so that felt good.  Now, with a total of 98 masks under my sewing needle, I think I can say I’m happy with my pattern and will make more later, when I know they are needed for someone specific.  For now, I have a small stash of them for the family.

I finished the second weighted blanket on my list, so those are done for the year too.  Another fiddly project bites the dust!

Finally, the smaller 16 patch quilt wrapped up this week too.  It was a great week for stash usage!  Two spoons of thread ran out, bringing my total to 9.  This is actually a bit on the low side for me, but that’s fine.

IN this week: 0 yards
OUT this week: 12 1/2 yards

IN YTD: 49 yards
OUT YTD: 132 1/2 yards
YTD Total: 83 1/3 yards OUT

As to hand work, I sewed every day.  Several days were devoted to the 16 patch binding, but the rest were for basting hexies.  It’s amazing how much hand work I get done when we sit down together to listen to a book.  We are not all loving the Swiss Family Robinson, but Q seems to find it interesting after attempting to read it on his own and not understanding it, so I’m willing to keep going.  Next time we’ll find something less unrealistic to read!  I’ve done handwork 172 out of 179 days this year.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I saw face masks sold in boxes of 25 yesterday at Wal-Mart if you get tired of making them they have them available now in some stores - I didn't look at the price as I didn't need anymore right now

Kate said...

Congrats on all the progress and the stash management this year. Hope this week was as good.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...