Sunday, June 21, 2020

Stash Report Week #25 and 15 Minutes

Happy Father’s Day to all dads out there, in whatever form that may take (uncles, want-to-be fathers, godfathers, step-fathers, unrelated men who step in as a father figure, you name it).  I’m fortunate to have a biological father to be grateful for and a supportive husband who is an amazing father to our children.

I smoked pork butt (yum!), brisket (meh), and garlic (fail).  We had a splendid dinner with my parents and our immediate family, as we’ve formed a quarantine small group, vowing to keep ourselves from outside unnecessary contact so we can continue to see one another.  Smoking meat takes a lot of in and out trips for me, so I didn’t quilt quite as much as I hoped Saturday.

It was still a fabulous week for finishes: a giant 16-patch quilt, a weighted blanket for the Assistant, and 8 more masks.

IN this week: 0 yards
OUT this week: 22 1/2 yards

IN YTD: 49 yards
OUT YTD: 120 yards
YTD Total: 71 yards OUT

I do need some plain white fabric (gasp, I don’t have any solid white!), but I’m going to behave myself otherwise.

I forgot to mention my 15 minutes of handwork a day!  Now that the Irish Chain is done, I’m returning to my hand pieced hexagons out of delicious fabric by Vicki Welsh.  I finished a green one this week, and plan to follow along with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color of the month for the next one (pink!). I have done handwork 165/172 days so far this year.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice to have a small family group that you are safe to be with makes it nice for visits. smoked meat is so good!! you should order your white fabric on line - it will get to you eventually!

Kate said...

Sounds like a very nice Father's Day. About the only person we see outside of the two of us is the SIT. But she's social distancing and wearing a mask when she can't. Congrats on all the hand stitching time this year and on the stash busting. You've done really well on both fronts.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...