Sunday, June 14, 2020

Stash Report Week #24 and 15 Minutes

The 15 minutes report comes first this week, as I’m so excited about it.  I finished my Irish chain quilt!  The hand quilting wrapped up on Friday, and as I’d already bound it after quilting all the chains, it’s all done.  We put it on our bed last night.  DH was concerned it was too small, but when I planned it, I didn’t want it to hang past the mattress to get caught in the drawers.  The next quilt (the 16 patch) is much larger, so if he doesn’t like this size, I’ll keep it folded at the end of the bed and he can spread the other out on the bed.



I’m very pleased with the finish, down to the block design.  The fabric, if you’re wondering, is all hand dyes from Vicki Welsh.  Hopefully we can keep the kids away from the permanent markers and Nutella anywhere near it!

The stash report was pulled in both directions this week.  I received 5 layer cakes (mask choices for the kids), but I also finished 8 masks and the Irish chain quilt, so I still moved in the right direction.  I’ve now made 80 masks.

IN this week: 14 1/2 yards
OUT this week: 19 yards

IN YTD: 49 yards
OUT YTD: 97 1/2 yards
YTD Total: 48 1/2 yards OUT

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z. 

3 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Lovely quilt, it's a beautiful finish!

Cathy said...

That’s a very striking quilt! Just beautiful. I love Vicky’s fabrics.

Vicki W said...

The quilt is absolutely beautiful!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...