Saturday, June 27, 2020

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Pinks

I have two quilts of scraps finally finished: the king sized 16 patch and a generous baby/toddler 16 patch.  I blogged about them here.  It feels good to have the project box empty and my brain space a little more available.  I also made two weighted blankets over the last two weeks.  Those are so messy and awkward to wrestle, so I’m grateful to have them off my to do list.

As I sewed the rows of the weighted blankets, I used the pink stars for leader enders.  Once a quilt really gets rolling, it’s so exciting to see it develop!

The foxes are clamoring for attention, but they were a bit neglected this month.  I’ll get back to them in July.

My other leader ender or in between project was the temperature quilt.  It’s turned very warm, suddenly!  I am enjoying the visual representation of the temperature ranges for the year.  I think it’s funny how few blues played into the weather, it really went purple to green.

I confess, I’m currently tired.  Not enough sleep plays into it, but I feel the weight of selfish human beings in the world around me.  I know I’ll feel better about humanity eventually, but why can’t we just care about others?

All too soon we will be changing colors for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and I’ll see where my projects take me next month!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.



1 comment:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your 16 patch quilt finishes are wonderful, Katie! I'm glad you linked to your post about them because I had missed it. I love the pink stars, too - so happy! I sure understand you feeling tired - I do, too. There is definitely a lot of selfish behavior in the world right now.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...