Saturday, October 3, 2020

Follow the Yellow Brick Road

 We had a field trip this week, to the end of the Trail of Death and the place where a saint lived in Kansas for a year.  It was a good trip, although a long day that precluded any quilting except for a few moments of hand piecing.

The best quilting accomplishment this week was pressing Garden Party and ekeing out enough of my shades of green fabric to make an ombré flow on the border.  Binding will be another story.  It really does lay flat, I promise, but it is on a slick wood floor and the kids were “helping” by walking over it repeatedly.


My Easy Breezy blocks are going to be done soon.  Playing with block arrangement is a pleasant activity when I have a few moments.


I’m very happy with the three rows of the Temperature quilt I finished in September and the first few days of October.  It’s fascinating to see how we warmed up out of the blue fabric range, but we’ve already dipped back down into it.  It gives me a different perspective on our weather.  Another year, I’d like to do something with the precipitation and sky conditions, but I think I have to plan a little more on that.


I’ll be trimming fabric this weekend and hopefully organizing my last courtyard steps blocks.

I link up each Saturday to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis, katie z.

8 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Beautiful Garden Party quilt...really like your
temperature quilt...I've been think of making
one myself...have a great day!

Jenny said...

For someone with such a busy home life, you still seem to get quite a bit of stitching done!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Garden Party looks just wonderful, and I love the ombre border! You're making me want to try a temperature quilt - maybe in 2021!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your garden party! wonderful quilt

grammajudyb said...

Seeing your temperature quilt makes me want to finish mine from 2019.i need to get that done!

maggie fellow said...

garden party looks great - I thought you have to drag the leader/ender out until next july haha

The Joyful Quilter said...

Ombre' flow border? LOVE!! Your Easy Breezy quilt is looking good, as is your Temp quilt. Wishing you MORE sewing time this week, Katie!

Vicki W said...

I LOOOOVE Garden Party!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...