Friday, October 30, 2020

November Goals

 In October, my plans weren’t  terribly exciting, but that’s okay.

1. Scraps: trim, the last of the courtyard steps, one large yellow hand pieced hexi, and finish the Garden Party quilt.  Done, done, done, done!  Although I must admit I am thoroughly appalled at how full my scrap box is this month after making aprons, pillowcases, and more masks.  (Always more masks.  125 so far.  3 more waiting to be finished.)

2.  Finish the one row and make one more for the temperature quilt.  Yes!

3.  Make some Christmas presents.  Some nieces are getting aprons, and others are getting pillowcases.  They are all done.  Whew!  See the note about scraps above.

For November, I’m going to plan like I have plenty of sewing time but promise not to be too hard on myself if the goals don’t happen.  I don’t know what Thanksgiving will bring.

1. Scraps: trim, complete courtyard steps, piece several small hexagon flowers, and cut one new scrap quilt for next year.  I supposed Spunky’s freestyle quilt fits in here too, but I won’t  have a timeline for it until the mess of scraps disturbs me for too long,

2.  One more row of the temperature quilt.  It will be longer than it is wide after this!

3.  Make my Christmas apron.

4. Maybe sew up the Assistant’s floral skirt or start her pineapple quilt.  Both have been on the “future projects I ought to do” list for too long.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...