Saturday, October 10, 2020

Working Away

 Three days until Miss G turns 6.  She wants a unicorn case.  Monday, I’ll try my hand at it.

In simpler news, I finished my last courtyard steps blocks.  I had hoped to lay them out this week, but school and appointments kept me busy.  I went back to the neurologist for more medicine adjusting.


The last Easy Breezy blocks are done too.  I know some people work on them all year, but I need a baby quilt, so this is it.  I think the arrangement works.


Finally, I started the quilting of Garden Party.  So far, I’m doing boring but necessary straight lines through the chains and around the border.  This gives me time to think about the next part.  I am not a skilled free motion quilter, but I try new things to keep learning.  We shall see.


from the room of Zana’s Ninis, katie z.

P.S. I’ll be linking up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Easy Breezy blocks will make a great baby quilt! I like the chain design running through!

Deb A said...

Love those easy breezy blocks on the wall with a helper! Yea on getting the last courthouse steps completed. Hope the change in medicine helps.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Happy birthday, Miss G!! Good luck with the Garden Party quilting, Katie. Easy Breezy is going to be a wonderful baby quilt (and my how JoJo has grown!)

grammajudyb said...

Easy Breezy blocks make a great baby quilt. I made the tiny ones....I’ll need lots more! *giggle*

Good luck on Garden Party! I’ll be awesome,

Kate said...

Ms. G is 6? That just doesn't seem possible. Hope she had a very happy birthday. Your Easy Breezy baby quilt is looking great. Happy stitching this week.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...