Sunday, October 4, 2020

Stash Report Week #40

 Here we are, with a few minutes less daylight each day.  To be honest, when we get to fall, I am eager for dark to arrive earlier and earlier; I am tired of the outside work and ready to have a longer evening inside.

I made a pillowcase this week.  This year, I’ve decided pillowcases for the littler nieces and nephews and aprons for the older will be our gifts.

IN this week: 0 yards
OUT this week: 1

IN YTD: 99 yards
OUT YTD: 181 yards
YTD Total: 82 yards OUT

I asked my daughter how long my current stash would last me if I purchased nothing new.  I was pondering Bonnie Hunter’s comments about her own too-large stash and how it will be hard to use it up in her sewing lifetime.  My goal has always been to have a modest but working stash.  It’s definitely expanded over the years as our income has grown, but I think it’s still exhaustible.  The Assistant thinks 2, maybe 3 years; I suspect more like five.  I wonder if I have the discipline not to buy fabric for a year or two and see what happens.  Hmm...

I was able to settle with my handwork 6 of 7 days this week.  BJ is hard to get to sleep and hard to keep asleep at night, so my preferred window of time hasn’t worked as well.  Still 261/273 days for the year isn’t bad.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...